Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dirt, Smog and the Taj Mahal

This will be a short post as I'm feeling very tired and smogged out today. I now have a travelling companion, Sam, although in her short time in India she has already been suffering from a nasty sick bug which kept her head in the toilet for the majority of last night. We spent the day on a very crowded (by which I mean that half the passengers were travelling on the roof) bus from Agra to Jaipur where we've got lucky with a nice hotel near the centre.

Yesterday we were in stinky Agra for the day and visited the Taj Mahal and the Red Fort. Unbelievably foreigners get charged 75 times that of Indian residents to get in but it was worth it nevertheless. The Taj is actually a tomb - Shah Jahan had it built for his wife when she died giving birth to her 14th (or maybe 12th) child!

I'm afraid there are to pictures to post yet (although I took about 100), as I haven't got the right cable, so I'll keep this a short and dull entry. Rajestan is a tiring place but hopefully tomorrow I'll wake up with a new lease of life and some much-needed assertiveness...

2 comments:

chantyb79 said...

Hey Gills
lovely to hear how you are getting on whilst I am sat at work (am daydreaming of escaping soon...!) Good Luck with your travels sweetie and look forward to read your next blog soon.
Thinking of you and hope you are taking care og yourself
Lots of Love
Chants xxx

Philip Clyde-Smith said...

I Love you
from
????